Dr. Umma Hany received her PhD in Electrical and Electronic Engineering in 2017. She received her MSc in EEE in 2009. She completed her BSc in EEE in 2004.
She has more than 12 years service experience and her career is a blend of professional engineering, research, development, teaching and leadership which were always challenging and time bounded. Through her career she had the opportunity to work as a core member of the Research and development project (at IICT, BUET) of firstly introduced Pre paid energy meter in Bangladesh, as Core network engineer (Huawei Technologies) in different projects including the first IGW and ICX project in Bangladesh, as Lecturer and Assistant Professor, department ofEEE, UAP and as Pioneer member of EEE department, BAIUST as the Head. She had the opportunity of professional training home and abroad. She was awarded by Huawei Technologiesfor her excellent performance as Core network engineer and for professional contributions in case studies. She had six technical cases and paper published in the Huawei Documentation column.
She is active in her research and she has several research publications in reputed international peer-reviewed Journals and Conferences with high impact factor. She presented her papers in conferences and seminars at home and abroad. She served as Visiting Scholar (PhD) researcher under the Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship program in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Saskatchewan, Canada. She also served as Reviewer of reputed Journal.
1. Associate Professor and Head, Department of EEE, BAIUST ( till date)
2. Assistant Professor, University of Asia Pacific, Bangladesh
3. Visiting Scholar (PhD) researcher, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
4. Lecturer, University of Asia Pacific, Bangladesh
5. Senior Core Network Engineer, Huawei Technologies (BD) Co. Ltd, Bangladesh
6. Hardware Engineer, Prepaid Energy Meter Project, IICT, BUET
Reviewer, IEEE Sensors Letters Journal
Communication, RF Localization, Biomedical Signal Processing, Image Processing
1. Senior Member, Institute of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB)
2. Member, Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD).
Signals and Linear Systems