Dr. Umma Hany received her PhD in Electrical and Electronic Engineering in 2017. She received her MSc in EEE in 2009. She completed her BSc in EEE in 2004.
Her career is a blend of professional engineering, research, development, teaching and leadership which were always challenging and time bounded. Through her career she had the opportunity to work as a core member of the Research and development project (at IICT, BUET) of firstly introduced Pre paid energy meter in Bangladesh, as Core network engineer (Huawei Technologies) in different projects including the first IGW and ICX project in Bangladesh, as Lecturer and Assistant Professor, department of EEE, UAP and as Pioneer member of EEE department, BAIUST as the Head. She had different professional trainings home and abroad. She also served as Visiting Scholar (PhD) researcher under the Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship program in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Saskatchewan, Canada.
She receives the 100 Most Dedicated Professors award from World Education Congress, India. She was awarded Excellent performance certificate and Excellent Case Award by Huawei Technologies for her excellent performance as Core network engineer and for her professional contributions in case studies. She had six technical cases and paper published in the Huawei Documentation column.
She is active in research and she has several publications in high impact reputed international Journals and Conferences. She also delivers speech in seminers home and abroad and takes sessions as Resource person. She also serves as Reviewer of different reputed Journals and conferences.
1. Associate Professor and Head, Department of EEE, BAIUST ( till date)
2. Assistant Professor, University of Asia Pacific, Bangladesh
3. Visiting Scholar Researcher, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
4. Lecturer, University of Asia Pacific, Bangladesh
5. Senior Core Network Engineer, Huawei Technologies (BD) Co. Ltd, Bangladesh
6. Hardware Engineer, Prepaid Energy Meter Project, IICT, BUET
1. IEEE Sensors Letters
2. IEEE Access Journal
3. Journal of Infection and Public Health, Elsevier
4. Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, Elsevier
5. IEEE International Conferences
Session and Seminars:
- Invited Resource Person for a Session on "Future Broadcast technology and IP BASED NEXT GENERATION NETWORK in Bangladesh" dated 17 Oct 2018 (9.30 am -13.00 pm) as a Resource Person at National Institute of Mass Communication (NIMC), Ministry of Information, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Keynote Speaker, “Prospect of Wireless Video Capsule Endoscopy in Bangladesh: Challenges and Motivation”, Institute of Engineers Bangladesh, Cumilla, 05 May, 2018.
- Invited Speaker for State of the Art Lecture on “HVDC Transmission in Bangladesh: Present Scenario and Future Prospects”, 34th National Convention of Electrical Engineers at National Institute of Technology (NIT), the Institute of Engineers India (IEI), Tripura state centre.
Honors and Awards:
1. 100 Most Dedicated Professors Award, World Education Congress, Mumbai, India.
2. Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship, University of Saskatchewan, Canada.
3. Excellent Performance Award, Huawei Technologies (BD) Co. Ltd
4. Excellent Technical Case Award, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
1. NGN (Softswitch and UMG)
2. CC08 Switch
3. Mobile softswitch and UMG
4. N2000 Management system
5. Cysco Module 1 (CCNA1) and Module 2 (CCNA2) Instructor training
Research Area: Communication, RF Localization, Biomedical Signal Processing, Image Processing, Wireless Sensor Network, Embedded Systems
1. Senior Member, Institute of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB)
2. Member, Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD).
Signals and Linear Systems